Monday, November 13, 2006

A Week In Review


October 5th '06


Well my daughter celebrated her 11th b-day this past week. I think it is all just a big conspiracy, cuz there is no way she is already 11. Kind of like those soap operas where one day a couple has a child and they stay that way for maybe a year, then all of a sudden they are teens with issues of their own. Well she is not quite a teen, but I'm sure the issues are not far away... She had a party with friends on the weekend and then a dinner with family on her actual b-day. Both turned out quite well. I learned that I truly do suck at mini golf!! I also found out that my mum thinks this guy I hang out with resembles my brother!!! Interesting the things that come up at family get together's...
Tammie is transitioning from one set of interests to another. Barbie, Polly Pocket and the like are behind her now. She has kept her fondness for anime, which is cool, cuz I love that stuff as well. Now I am just sitting back and waiting to see what new set of interests she will come up with. Although she has informed me this evening that she does not consider herself a "girlie" girl. I told her if she wanted a cell phone she had to have a bag to carry it in so that she doesn't put it down and forget it and she almost had a fit. So she said if the bag is just big enough for the phone and can go under her jacket where no one can see it, she'll be fine. She will NOT be the kind of girl that carries around a "purse" full of make up and "girlie" things. We'll see how long it is before that starts up, though personally I hope it doesn't!
Ok we have a cat, his name is Dusty (Prince Dust Bunny). He has a very bad habit of leaving doors open where ever her goes. His food is under the sink and he goes in, eats then leaves with the cupboard door wide open. At least three times a week he goes to our canned goods cupboard to see what new things are in there and again leaves the door open once he's appeased his curiosity. He opens closet doors throughout the apartment to nose around or sleep and then just as if the world revolves around him, leaves them open for someone else to close behind him. LoL, ok I'm not crazy enough to believe he can actually close them simply because I'd luv to drop the before bed ritual of closing doors behind him. Although they can teach cat's to potty in a toilette and occasionally flush after, but I don't hold high hopes for him with the doors. As far as he's concerned the apartment is his, so why should he have to waste precious time with doors. Right now I have his large food bag in my daughters room because his litter is in the hall closet. Those two closets being the only two that shut with a latch. The others slide on tracks and he's all but figured them out. I hide his food because he rips the bag's open and eats from it and he is getting a bit chubby. I hide the litter because the last time he found it, he managed to rip into it and started using it as his litter box! The joys of pet's eh? hehe...............

No comments: