Monday, November 13, 2006

Surviving


November 4th '06


I am now two weeks into the trade. and am doing fine! This weekend my right hand is a bit swollen from all the hammering I've done, but considering some people injure tendons, or pinch nerves with sudden hard work on a limb, I'm glad this is all I'm going through. In the two weeks that I've been there, I can already feel muscle building in my arms. Considering I was probably at a minus muscle mass (lol) this is a good thing. Last weekend I worked my last shifts at the Travelodge, so this weekend is truly my first official weekend off!! It is now Saturday and I still wake up feeling something needs to be done. Not work anyway!! I'm sure this apartment could use some tidying though. I will tell you though, that I'll be glad when I get past the point where my body is still adjusting. I know that there will always be times where I work myself a bit more than usual and will get sore, but overall, when my body has adjusted to the general work habits forming here, I won't be AS exausted at the end of the day. I can tell you I am very proud of making it through each day now though!! On Thursday Paul the head cheese, gave me a Dilfo Mechanical jacket. I am truly part of the team now! hehe...
I have to do some heavy budgetting from this point on. I need to learn to save some money. To this point I have been pretty bad with my spending, and with this new job I do not want to waste the concept of making good money. As the years of my apprenticeship go by I will be making more money and I would hate to think that by my 5th year I'll be making really good money and still be squandering it on unneccesary material needs. I want a car!! Something to strive towards.
Now as a side note to good or bad spending, I bought an Ipod Mini off someone for $50. Which is a good pretty good deal. My old shuffle died a few weeks ago and I was almost in a panic as to what I would do without my travelling music!!! lol...

1 comment:

Kathryn McNeal said...

Best thing to do is stay motivated.