Monday, November 13, 2006

*giggle snort* Shhhhhh


November 10th '06


Ok ok... so here's the scoop on the guys I work with!! So there's...
...
...
HA you didn't actually think I'd gossip did you? Hey you be quiet!!
So over all things are going well. The guys are all good people's. Very helpful and definitely friendly. Didn't really notice if I got any "OMG a GIRL on site!!" looks when I started, but I don't feel any of that right now anyway. We joke we swear and we SPIT together.... lol. Hmmm talk about a stereotype eh? All jokes aside, I'm glad I'm at this job site and hope to stick with them for a good portion of my apprenticeship anyway.
I spent 8 hours putting together TDFs. They are a type of duct. One of the guys was telling me we'll be dreaming about TDFs all weekend. After that I was picturing myself running through a field of daisies with my hair blowing in the wind and a big smile outshining the sun on my face, when all of a sudden I realize I'm holding something and my smile turns to confusion. I look down to see a hammer in my hand. I lift my hand with the hammer up and catch site of my field. It is no longer a field but never ending rows of TDF parts waiting to be assembled. As I come to a stop I trip over a row sending them tumbling like dominoes and then I'm standing watching TDFs fall all around me as far as the eye can see.... *shivers* hmmm all that in a split second or two... man I dream fast.
So tonight we head over to Andrew's for pizza and movies... and tomorrow... laundry!!
I've been asked to go into Tammie's class and talk about being Blackfoot. They want to know about the Sundance and our culture. I guess their big topic right now is Natives. Not sure what kind of source I'd be. I have about 14 years of cultural knowledge in me, but it's all observation. It's not something I grew up knowing. I'm thinking about it though. Might be interesting... but of course standing up in front of her class will bring forth a whole new nightmare....

No comments: