Monday, November 13, 2006

Foot In The Door


October 11th '06


Today I went and wrote my aptitude test for the sheet metal workers union. They told me it will take about a week to hear back from them. If I passed the test I will get an interview and then be put on a list to be shipped out for work! Yeeha!!
The questions on the test were very basic. Even the problem solving at the end were basic, but I still managed to get stuck on one. It went SOMETHING like this. I don't remember the exact numbers, so this may not work out, but this is the jist of it:
Three men are hired for a job. They are paid $9.65, $10, and $12.95. They work 7hrs. a day, 6 days a week. How long will the job take if they earned $6300?
I did some math and put what I thought was the answer, but who knows... I believe over all though I passed the test. Most of the work was mickey mouse. I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case though....
So here's to women out there and our involvement in getting the job done!!
Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: