Monday, December 25, 2006

Tiss the Season


When I first decided to get into the trades, I really wasn't sure where it would take me, or how much I would get out of it. Once I actually started work and realized the general simplicity of it, I wondered if it would keep my interest. Generally we fabricate and install ventilation in commercial buildings. Specifically however there is a LOT more involved in what we do. To create the simple rectangular piece of duct work that you see, there is a lot of planning, mapping, and precision involved to come to that end result. It is all that is involved in the making of such material that is keeping my interest. I believe I will be starting school in January and there is a strong possibility that it will be drafting. I'm stoked! Another thing that I have discovered however is that with all the knowledge that I will obtain over the years, I will be able to create things of mine own. My friend Andrew has put together an AWESOME pontoon boat with his skill, so in as much as our aim at work is ventilation, the knowledge can take us anywhere we wish. I do believe however that my mind does work a bit overtime with creativity. I find myself thinking up different things that I could do up on my own with the right materials. However, I do not have all the skills yet to put some of these dreams together, so I find that they can be a bit unrealistic. For instance... I have yet to own a cat carrier case that can in fact carry securely a scared adult cat. Most carrier cases out there are made of plastic with plastic joints and secured together with plastic pins. Any cat that is terrified of the great outdoors and then placed in a small space to be dragged out into this great space would be doing anything in their power to escape, and I'm telling you from experience, plastic is not the answer!! Thank goodness Tom knew his way home and traffic was not his enemy that day!! In one of my pre sleep day dreams (eve dreams?) I had invisioned a cat carrier case made out of sheet metal!! Now the fact that metal is so much more solid than plastic has it's advantages, but then again... metal is so much more HEAVIER!! So how much of the carrier could realistically be made of metal, though let me tell you, the image in my mind was fabulous!! So there is my crazy mix of what I see in my future and the lack of what I know!

I'd like to say Merry X-mas (or is it Y-mas? lol) to everyone out there! Hope your stockings aren't too stained from that lump of coal! jokes!! Take it easy (and I can say that now that I actually have a holiday free from on call work!) and drive safe!!!!!!

No comments: