Friday, December 22, 2006

A Bit of X-mas Cheer!


Safety first... that is a common phrase that makes it's way around work... and for a very good reason as well. I've used just about all the machines at work now. I know what they are capable of both progressively and regressively. Claude told me the tale of how he blinked and his pinky ended up between the rollers. He didn't forget to give me the details on how his finger exploded. Couldn't eat dinner that night! Safety is VERY important when it comes to your environment. Kirby and I may be old friends by now, but there will never come a time that I won't respect every aspect of what I do.

Every day at work I do things that of course use muscle. I was thinking the other day as I struggled with my snips, that though you may be using a certain part of your body, the dominoe of muscles through out your body that you use is a lot more complicated than it may originally seem. For instance... I was trying to cut through four layers of 26 gauge metal, and I realized my hands where not strong enough to work the snips through the metal. Mario comes along and chomp! chomp! there goes the extra metal like tissue paper. I was thinking of ways to work the muscles in my hands so that there will come a time that I too can do just that. In thinking of my hand muscles I also started thinking of all the other mucles that I am using that would need strengthening to get through that metal. Arm muscles, shoulder muscles... possibly facial muscles do to all the faces I was making whilst struggling with the job...

Our X-mas party was last night. I am getting to know the people in the shop well enough, but there are still so many more faces that I have yet to put a name to. I made the decision to go with a friend and his wife. Then I would have another female to talk to if I couldn't get any conversation going with the co-workers. She it turns out was thinking the same thing. So I had a few weeks to try and figure out what I was going to wear to this shin dig. As grundgy as I get during a typical work day, I thought it would be good to show the world that I am in fact female. So I had ideas brewing in my head as to what to wear, how to do make up (yikes, what is THAT!) and so on and so forth. I thought of wearing a skirt, but then on closer inspection of my legs one night in the shower, I realized that work is definitely harder not only on my hands, but my shins as well. Skirt was out! With the help of my mum, I finally got and ensemble together and then the creator opened it's doors and let in a bit of freezing rain!! Freezing rain cancelled my friends care giver, which cancelled him and his wife from going which cancelled me going. So I didn't make it to my first work party. Next year... (and yes, it was MY choice not to go alone)

Well now.... Dusty (our cat) definitely has some interesting habits. If you recall I mention some posts ago that he tends to go around leaving doors open. Well we also have box's placed around the apartment for his sleeping pleasure. As soon as a box comes into the home, he is all over it! Well actually IN it. So now he has an old box that he started sleeping in back when we first got him (which he barely fits anymore...) a new bigger box with a sleeping matt mum bought for him in it, and a box at the end of the hall that he likes to trip you to get into whenever you show an interest in heading in that direction. If your not careful, you'll get clipped by a paw as he spies you over the edge of one of his trenches. Dusty has introduced himself to new people by standing up on his hind legs to get a better sniff of you. Most interesting however is the fact that he can now turn on the bathroom tub tap to get a drink. As soon as the shower goes on he is right there. He far prefers running water to the stagnant liquid in his bowl, no matter how often it is renewed. He went so far one evening as to hop in the shower with my daughter and wait patiently for her to finish up so he could get his ever important drink. Well this evening he took the next step and got the tap going by himself. I do hope I don't come home one day to find him having ordered cable and flipping through the nature channels while enjoying a tray of choice imported cheeses!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

น่ารักจังเยย....
So nice