Sunday, December 3, 2006

Looking Back...


Oh yeahhhhhhhh this is me.... calm... cool.... and collected....


But I have to tell you... that wasn't always me! No siree! There was a time that I too was a bit apprehensive! A bit unsure of myself! I know... hard to believe right? The stand tall... stoic Liz could NEVER have been a a tiny shivering, curled up in fetal position, rocking back and forth ball of nerves!! Oh wait... did I say that? I meant someone a fraction less than 100% on top of things... yeah... that's it!! So anyway, everytime I was faced with a new machine to operate, I had a momentary "uh oh" go through my mind. How will I do? Will I chew up a few pieces of metal? Will I... anyway, after I had my first attempt I was "oh... is this all?" Now I look forward to trying something new out. I guess it was just my step through the door that kind of had me worried. Now it's more like "BRING IT ON HOSS!!" Hard to believe that even Kirby intimidated me some. Well you know... just a tiny bit... couldn't even measure how little, honestly!
My daughter and I spent last weekend in Toronto. We had a good time. The first day there we went up the CN Tower, took some pics and then attempted the subway system to my sisters stop. Piece of cake! We went to the Pow Wow the next day, took some more pics and bought some Native crafts. Sunday we went to visit my friend Tammy whom I hadn't seen in at least 7 years. Had a good time with her. Lot's of catching up and did a bit of shopping. Then we returned to Ottawa Monday. Nice long weekend for us, glad we went. When we were on our way home, my daughter pointed something out to me that I had never considered and though somewhat amusing. She said that whenever we go visit Andrew for a night, we pack like we're going away for a week, but when we went to Toronto, we each had one small bag to carry on bus entertainment and a small overnight suitcase and Andrew lives in the same city as we do.... Wierd....
This past Friday I went in to my daughter's class and spoke to them about the Sundance. Quite the experience. Her teacher told me I had about 40 minutes to talk and then after that we could take questions. Well I only filled about 20 minutes, but we filled the whole rest of the time with questions. Was amazed at the interest there was on the topic! Afterwards I thought of so many things I wanted to say, but never brought up. Yes I was a bit nervous. Adults do get jittery too hey!!

No comments: