Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth


Watching Pan's Labyrinth has brought back all my feelings on how affective foreign films are. With my interests leaning far more to the fantasy side, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the movie having so much reality in it. Of course the story wouldn't have been a story at all without it, and I loved how well they blended fantasy with reality while at the same time managing to keep them in their seperate worlds. I personally find foreign films are a lot more emotional. There is a feeling of gritty reality that pulls you into the story more. There aren't a lot of cliche's and they seem so much more fresh. This movie being no exception. I was sympathizing with the girl from the start and rooting for her to get out of the reality she was living and find her dream. Definitely a movie for my collection!!

No comments: