Sunday, July 15, 2007

Me? A health nut?


Ok so we're going to try something new here. I've decided to work on areas of my health that my rigorous job doesn't touch. I definitely get a good workout standing all day, as well as in my arms with all the lifting and hammering that I do. However this does not touch my middle or other areas that could use a bit of toning up. As of last week I started in on my jogging again. (Have you ever seen the movie "What Women Want" with Mel Gibson? In that movie he, or should I say Helen Hunt, came up with a shoe commercial. In that commercial they mention how therapeutic running is. How the road is there for you everytime, yada yada yada. Well that commercial couldn't have said it any better. I was feeling a bit down lately and so I went for a run. That run has now become determination.) Along with my jogging there is my kickboxing. Now my Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are kickboxing days, and my Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are jogging days. I've cut out a lot of crap in my diet (I even walked into McD's and ordered something for my daughter and didn't order anything for myself.... now THAT'S restraint!) I haven't had a pepsi in over a week now........... I KNOW!!! I'm also working on getting my bike in working order this week so that I can hopefully start taking it to work next week. This may seem a bit sudden and over the top, but this is my personal goal right now. I want this for myself. Not only will it help get me in better shape for some of the more vigorous work I'll experience, but it will also help me personally in so many ways. Health is never something that should be a passing phase. So GO LISA GO!!

I believe that I am going for my basic training this January at work. It will be a two month full time course load at I'm hoping Algonquin. We may be moving our classes to Oakville, but I'm hoping that when that is implemented, I'll have finished my intermediate if not my advanced courses. I won't put too many eggs in that basket though. One can only hope for the best. I'm a bit excited about going though (to the classes, not Oakville). It will be interesting what I can pick up. I'm learning so much, but there is SO much more to soak in!

No comments: